Mesotherapy is a derived Word means medium treatment. Meso means medium and therapy means treatment. Mesotherapy treats the medium layer of the skin. It is very similar to acupunture. Needles are used to inject minerals, enzymes and vitamins into skin. Sometimes they are used alone and sometimes they are mixed depending on the skin’s needs. This treatment method can be applied to anyone who is older than the age of 18. If you have some health issues, you may not be the ideal candidate for the procedure so make sure you talk to your doctor before hand.
What are the Benefits of Mesotherapy?
Benefits of mesotherapy are high in number. Depending on the application area, it brings many benefits on the table. Mesotherapy can be used to treat following problems:
- Skin spots,
- Regional fat reduction,
- Vascular problems,
- Some injuries occur while doing sports,
- Sun spots.
It is usually used for hair losing people because it can also solve hair loss problem. Mesotherapy helps hair to grow. Also it can reduce the pain anywhere in your body.
Who Can Undergo Mesotherapy?
People who can get mesotherapy are 18 years old or older. However, it is not recommended at certain conditions. These conditions are as follows:
- People with cardiac disease,
- People with urticaria problem,
- Pregnant women,
- Cancer patients,
- People with paralysis history,
- Diabetic patients,
- People who have allergy,
- Breastfeeding women.
How is Mesotherapy Applied?
Mesotherapy application should be done after physical examination. After that, an anesthetic cream applied to the application area. Disposable needles are used for every patients. Injection is made to the middle layer of the skin. Very small amount of injections are preferred. There is no dressing required after application. The patient can continue his/her normal life right after the application. It is comfortable procedure so you will not feel in pain.
What are the Side Effects of Mesotherapy?
Side effects of mesotherapy are as follows:
- Bruise on skin surface,
- Rash on skin surface,
- Itching and burning sensation on the skin,
- Skin sensivity,
- Skin dwelling,
In order to prevent allergic reactions, skin reactions should be monitored before hand. It is important to remember just like every other medical procedure, it has some side effects. But do not worry because those side effects do not last for a long time. They differ from person to person too. For some people, they do not experience any of the side effects stated above.
What are the Things to Pay Attention to After Mesotherapy?
Things to pay attention to mesotherapy are as follows:
- Do not use any blood thinning medicine such as Aspirin.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes like skinny jeans because they affect the blood circulation.
- Do not force yourself physically.
- Do not apply make up on the application area within first 10 to 15 hours.
- Make sure you consume healthy food before and after application.
- Avoid smoking, caffein and alcohol. Do not consume food with high protein.
- You can do a cold application which will help you to get rid of swelling, redness and bruising.
- Do not stract the application area.
- Do not pressure on the application area.
- In order to prevent the infection, make sure you do not touch the application area. Before you touch the area, make sure your hands are clean.
- Make sure you follow all the recommendations that is given by your physican.
How Do I Look Like After Mesotherapy?
The look you get after mesotherapy is healthy, bright and vibrant. Here are other skin benefits of mesotherapy:
- It provides the elimination of the wrinkle appearance.
- It eliminates skin problems such as bruising, swelling, redness under the eyes.
- It dissolves locally stored fat.
- It treats orange looking cellulite.
- It corrects the skin color. Including freckles.
- It prevents skin sagging. Hands, neck and decollete areas tend to sag easly.
- It gives moisture to the skin which makes the skin look tight, young, bright, healthy.
How is Hair Mesotherapy Applied?
Application of hair mesotherapy helps with the reproduction of hair. It is a completely personel process. It takes about 10 mins to 30 mins depending on the treatment area’s size. Some vitamins and plant extracts are used in the scaly. Mesotherapy sessions may take longer. There are even people who can not get the results first two weeks. And some people see the results much faster. So it is important to know that treatment response periods change from person to person. The degree of hair loss is very effective about this.